Powered by Blogger.

Welcome To My Blog!

Hi and welcome to the Amy Elisabeth Photography blog. This is the place where you will read all about my latest photo sessions, favorite print products I offer and random happenings in and outside of my photography passionate life! With this blog I hope you learn more about me as a photographer, my style, and what makes me, me!
If you like what you see and are interested in booking a session and would like more information, there is a link to my website in the menu above.
Enjoy viewing my photos and reading the stories I share here on this blog! ;)

Friday, March 9, 2012

Close to My Heart ~ The F.I.L.M. Project

The F.I.L.M. Project; meaning, Family Images for Lasting Memories. For families stricken with cancer. Oh how this program holds close to my heart and soul. I am really excited and anxious and scared all at the same time about participating in this program. What is it exactly? It is a program for professional photographers to photograph and document those facing cancer's journey, young and old, creating lasting images for them, their family and loved ones with absolutely no charge to them. Such heroes braving cancer right in it's face. They will have images they and their loved ones will always have and always remember. Because without pictures, we have memories yes, but with pictures we have those memories completely frozen in time. Remembering how it felt to have those pictures taken. The weather. What they wore. The location. The smiles, oh and so importantly, the laughter. Giggles. Fun times. Keepsakes. And no matter what lies ahead in their cancer journey, these images will remind them how very much they are loved. How much inspiration flows from them. The courage. The strength. So very brave.


Facing cancer head on.............
Facing cancer head on.
Cancer has been in my life for nearly three years now. My husband was diagnosed with an aggressive form of brain cancer in July 2009. And just like any cancer, took us by complete surprise. Shook up our world. He is beating the odds yes, but most importantly, reminding me daily to take each day for what it is, and make the most of it. To follow dreams. Be tough. And just live. Be thankful!!
The F.I.L.M. Project hits me right in the gut. I can't turn away from this opportunity. While I don't know what it is like to be the one stricken with cancer, however as a caregiver, the pain and fear extends out to me on a daily basis. Facing this disease. Unsure of the future. Living the "new normal". Trying to push away the fear. But living each day. Inspiring others. Because cancer just plain sucks and most often does not play fair. So we fight it and continue to do so.

DSC_5007blog
Brothers forever. Gilly, so strong, so tough. An inspiration to everyone.

With The F.I.L.M. Project, for me, I will be able to share my gift of photography, " inspire healing, faith, and hope for these families during their most fragile times".
I believe memories should never be overlooked. They give us something back. We never forget. We can always remember. And with pictures, you have that memory frozen in time.

DSC_1158_edited-1
Yes, LIVESTRONG!

To learn more about this program, The F.I.L.M. Project, please go to their website here. And on Facebook here.

2 comments:

Maria's Watercolor March 10, 2012 at 12:13 PM  

This sounds amazing Amy, what a a wonderful thing to be a part of.

Lori Skoog March 10, 2012 at 6:58 PM  

You will be great at this! What a beautiful project.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Follow Me on Facebook!

Search This Blog


Rock the Shot


Actions To Make Your Photoshop World Go Round!

Network Blogs

wibiya widget

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP