Powered by Blogger.

Welcome To My Blog!

Hi and welcome to the Amy Elisabeth Photography blog. This is the place where you will read all about my latest photo sessions, favorite print products I offer and random happenings in and outside of my photography passionate life! With this blog I hope you learn more about me as a photographer, my style, and what makes me, me!
If you like what you see and are interested in booking a session and would like more information, there is a link to my website in the menu above.
Enjoy viewing my photos and reading the stories I share here on this blog! ;)

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Giving Back

Giving back. What does that mean to you? To me it means giving someone a chance. It means giving someone something they need and showing no hint of wanting or expecting anything in return. Giving fills my heart. It makes me smile and feel proud for helping, even if it is a little bit. Because we know a little goes a long way.
I recently visited my town's local humane society. I asked them if they would like a photographer to take pictures of their animals needing homes. They couldn't be more agreeable to that idea!
I can't even call this volunteering. To me stepping in that cat room and all of a sudden being surrounded by cats of all colors and sizes nearly brought me to tears. Taking pictures of these furry felines was therapy for me. Because I love my camera and I adore photographing all things great and small, being at this shelter made perfect sense. I took pictures of these cats hoping in the back of my mind that if my pictures would give one of these cats a home, I would be thrilled. No not thrilled. Elated. Happy. Relieved.
These cats all have a story. There are reasons they are in this shelter. I do not know their stories and their past. That makes no difference now. Their new life is here and their future is a bit on hold as they wait for new homes or perhaps this shelter will be their forever home. For me, I would love to gather each of them up into my arms and bring them all home. Sadly and with reality I cannot do this. But you can bet I will be back soon to visit and take more pictures of other kitty cats who are waiting for a lap to nap on.

For more information on these cats and others along with many other cats and dogs you can visit this humane society's website here.

DSC_3335edit

DSC_3370edit
Wade. Happy to nap.

DSC_3340edit
Lionel. First to greet me.

DSC_3339edit
Antonio. Handsome. Content to just be.

DSC_3330_edited-1
Larry. Friendly. Loves scratchings behind his ears.

DSC_3398edit
Shawn. Regal. Sweet boy.

DSC_3368edit

DSC_3379edit
Ty. How can you not love that face?

DSC_3387edit
Honey. Beautiful green eyes.


DSC_3364_edited-1
Balin. Big. Handsome. Lover.

DSC_3353edit
Bethany. Sweet. Petite. Always nearby you.

9 comments:

Asil November 9, 2010 at 10:20 AM  

I'll take them all. Beautiful photos, as always...I don't know how you managed to leave empty handed.

Unknown November 9, 2010 at 10:27 AM  

Beautiful pictures! I love them all.

The Wife November 9, 2010 at 10:33 AM  

Awesome job Amy!!!!

Adrienne Zwart November 9, 2010 at 10:34 AM  

Amy, you did such a great job with these! I hope they all find loving homes.

Far Side of Fifty November 9, 2010 at 12:34 PM  

Love that triangle on that first kittys nose..Great job! Now for the dogs..I can't imagine you stopping at the cats and not doing the dogs:)

Christy November 9, 2010 at 12:54 PM  

Beautiful pics! You have a remarkable ability to capture amazing shots time after time.

The Retired One November 9, 2010 at 4:34 PM  

They are all gorgeous....I would take them ALL if I could!! Fantastic photos of them too.

RURAL November 9, 2010 at 7:07 PM  

I too wish I could give them all home. What a great thing you are doing for the shelter, and those animals. There is another blogger that is doing the same thing, and I can't wait for an opportunity to do this when we move upcountry.

Keep up the good work, and lets keep our fingers crossed that many animals get adopted soon.

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

Unknown November 11, 2010 at 3:35 AM  

Jen, I think that is Kit over at Gizzards and Calf Fries. I had been thinking about doing this for awhile and when I read about Kit doing pics for her local animal shelter, I decided I needed to help out these animals too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Follow Me on Facebook!

Search This Blog


Rock the Shot


Actions To Make Your Photoshop World Go Round!

Network Blogs

wibiya widget

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP