Powered by Blogger.

Welcome To My Blog!

Hi and welcome to the Amy Elisabeth Photography blog. This is the place where you will read all about my latest photo sessions, favorite print products I offer and random happenings in and outside of my photography passionate life! With this blog I hope you learn more about me as a photographer, my style, and what makes me, me!
If you like what you see and are interested in booking a session and would like more information, there is a link to my website in the menu above.
Enjoy viewing my photos and reading the stories I share here on this blog! ;)

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Meet Nick & Sarah

A few months ago I received a call from a lady inquiring about me doing a photo session with her niece and nephew. First thought that came to my mind was "Aww how fun! Two little kids!". Then she told me she wanted this to be a Christmas present for her sister. And keep it a secret. How fun! When I asked the ages of her niece and nephew, images of cute little brother and sister moments soon left my brain. Their ages are 15 and 18. Big brother and sister. Hmmm. A different approach for this photo session sent all kinds of thoughts through my mind. I agreed happily and excitedly to do the photo session and we set up a date, time and location. Except I soon began to wonder how I would create pictures without it looking like some sort of engagement session.

I pondered how I would pose these two for days before our scheduled session. I searched this site for inspiration. Glanced through my Eddie Bauer catalogues. And soon I had ideas. I was anxious to meet these two who wanted this to be a surprise for their parents on Christmas day. Immediately I knew these two teenagers would be a blast to work with. It isn't very often you have a teenage brother and sister duo willingly agree to have photos done of them, especially together. And I wanted to make their photos as special as possible. For them. For their mom and dad. For their entire family.
Meet Nick and Sarah. They rocked their photoshoot! So much fun to work with. Happy, polite, and friendly kids. We hit it off right away. For over an hour we laughed, talked, posed and searched for good light and pretty spots to take pictures. I really loved this photo session!
As for their parents reaction to this Christmas present?

"I just wanted to drop you a note to say that we loved the photos of Nick and Sarah! What a nice surprise!! It certainly was the highlight of our Christmas."


I love my photographic life!


DSC_4596_edited-2blog

DSC_4600_edited-3

DSC_4669_edited-1blog

DSC_4682_edited-1blog

DSC_4651_edited-1blog

DSC_4756_edited-2blog

DSC_4712_edited-1blog

DSC_4727_edited-1blog

DSC_4805_edited-1blog

DSC_4820_edited-1blog

4 comments:

The Retired One January 4, 2011 at 5:31 PM  

Love it! Well done!!!

jill p January 4, 2011 at 5:48 PM  

What a great photoshot Amy... I love them all and almost want to purchase them for my wall... ;)

Far Side of Fifty January 5, 2011 at 2:28 PM  

Great photos..what a wonderful gift..I bet they were thrilled. I really like the one in the tall grass the best..you can tell in these photos that these two appreciate each other:)

Jessica January 8, 2011 at 7:57 AM  

Amazing photos! I love the second but they are all great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Follow Me on Facebook!

Search This Blog


Rock the Shot


Actions To Make Your Photoshop World Go Round!

Network Blogs

wibiya widget

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP