Powered by Blogger.

Welcome To My Blog!

Hi and welcome to the Amy Elisabeth Photography blog. This is the place where you will read all about my latest photo sessions, favorite print products I offer and random happenings in and outside of my photography passionate life! With this blog I hope you learn more about me as a photographer, my style, and what makes me, me!
If you like what you see and are interested in booking a session and would like more information, there is a link to my website in the menu above.
Enjoy viewing my photos and reading the stories I share here on this blog! ;)

Friday, March 18, 2011

Jake ~ My Willing Subject

Jakeblog1-6725

I have to admit some of my favorite subjects to photograph are dogs. They are so patient. Well usually. As long as they are not too shy about my camera. Some dogs are. My own dog is but I think that is because she has had her picture taken so many times she has developed a complex.
Lot's of times dogs are very willing to be photographed. And of course love, love being the center of attention. Dog treats usually help. It draws their attention solely to you and your camera. Having experience with dogs is a biggy. Nothing bothers a dog more than someone who is not familiar with being around dogs. They sense a newbie. They know a stranger to the canine world. Having the dog language down and understanding dog personalities and expressions truly makes photographing them very entertaining!
This makes my job behind my camera so much easier. Less stressful. Can I add so much fun?

Jakeblog2-6727


This is Jake. He is a Chesapeake Bay Retriever. His human dad is currently building our stairway as part of our remodeling job we are having done to our home. So Jake sits patiently in either the back seat of his truck or yesterday was able to soak up some rays of sun and warmer temperatures all comfy in the bed of the truck.
I love his eyes and expression. So much patience. Completely content.

Jakeblog-6723

He didn't seem to mind me taking pictures of him either. I am pretty happy with how they turned out and think this handsome boy was a perfect model.

I recently acquired Adobe Lightroom 3. It is a wonderful and powerful editing tool for post processing your images. I have been playing around with it lately, navigating my way around and loving it so much. While I strive to get my pictures exposed properly, sharp and as I see them through my camera's viewfinder, a program such as Lightroom adds finishing touches and brilliance to final images I share here, my website and for my clients. Yes, I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to photography!
Sometime I will share my before and after pictures. Those straight out of the camera images and then show how they look after some final post processing.
For now, I hope you enjoy these images of Jake!

2 comments:

The Retired One March 18, 2011 at 4:47 PM  

Completely breathtaking!

Alisa March 21, 2011 at 5:53 PM  

Love, love, love the second one!! I need to get on using my lightroom too, it's been on the back burner. Did get a lightscope but haven't used it yet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Follow Me on Facebook!

Search This Blog


Rock the Shot


Actions To Make Your Photoshop World Go Round!

Network Blogs

wibiya widget

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP